HAUTE HIGHLIGHTS

BROKECHELLA

Saturday, April 19, 3 p.m.

590 South Santa Fe Ave

Not into spending exorbitant amounts of cash to dress like a hippie, trek into the desert and document your every move on Instagram? Or you already did it last weekend? Either way, stop by a different kind of arts and music festival with local musicians, interactive art installations, food trucks and comedy shows. Entering its fourth year, this event is the new place to discover emerging artists just before everyone else does, and for those on a shoe-string budget, it’s only $20 at the door — hence the name.

THIS SHOW WILL GET YOU HIGH, THE 420 FUN-FEST, & MORE

Sunday, April 20, 4:20 p.m. Upright Citizens Brigade

Theatre Hollywood

Though the day is originally meant to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ following his crucifixion — which is some pretty heavy stuff — this year, Easter doubles as the day of celebration and consumption of cannabis. For those taking part in a little debauchery, this lineup will deliver more than a few giggles: a panel will discuss things you only discuss when in an altered state of mind and a group of comedians will re-enact favorite scenes from film and television. All of this is sprinkled with music, an appearance by Saturday Night Live veteran Jerry Minor and, of course, snack food.

THE AMAZING ACRO-CATS

Thursday, April 17 -Sunday, April 20

Mainstage at Santa Monica Playhouse

Finally an event that combines everyone’s two favorite things: cats and the circus. The Acro-Cats, a troupe of more than a dozen rescued and stray cats, will be performing their circus-themed routine this Thursday through Sunday at the Santa Monica Playhouse. This is the perfect event for cat lovers, circus acts or, strangely enough, rock music. The performance will end with a routine by the Rock Cats. The act will be led by Tuna, the cowbell-playing band leader, and features chicken Cluck Norris on percussion.

DOWNTOWN EASTERFEST

Sunday, April 20, 2 p.m.

Grand Hope Park

This all ages, free Easter event hosted by the New City Church of LA is sure to get you in the holiday spirit. Downtown Easter Fest will feature a bounce house, face painting, a giant egg hunt, pie eating contest, sack racing and more. This outdoor event at the Grand Hope Park is a great excuse to spend a day out in the sun downtown with your friends. Food and drinks will also be available.