USC medical student reported missing

The LAPD has reached out for help in their search for Derek Adam Seehausen, a 26-year-old student at the Keck School of Medicine who has not been seen or heard from since Tuesday.

Keck School of Medicine student Derek Adam Seehausen has not been seen or heard from since Tuesday. | Photo courtesy of LAPD

Seehausen is a white male, six feet tall, weighs about 180 pounds and has brown hair and hazel eyes. LAPD authorities also stated in their release that Seehausen might be suicidal. According to helpfindderek.com, a website created and run in conjunction with the Seehausen family, Seehausen was last seen in the Echo Park area accessing a Wells Fargo ATM at around 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday. In surveillance footage retrieved by the website, Seehausen is seen wearing a burgundy t-shirt and white shorts.

Anyone with information on Seehausen’s whereabouts has been urged to contact the LAPD Rampart Division detectives at (213) 484-3400, or on weekends at the LAPD’s 24 hour hotline, 1-877-LAPD-247.

UPDATE, Aug. 10, 2014, 10:55 a.m.: This post was updated to include information from helpfindderek.com, a website run in conjunction with the Seehausen family.