USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Wednesday, Oct. 8, and Thursday, Oct. 9.

Crimes against property

At 9:54 P.M. on Oct. 8, a student reported that the rear bumper of his car was damaged while the vehicle was parked at the location.

At 12:12 a.m. on Oct. 9, DPS officers responded to a report of a suspect driving a vehicle near 29th Street and Normandie Avenue, which was identified as a stolen vehicle by the license plate recognition system. Officers located the vehicle, but the suspect evaded them. During a later search of the area, officers pursued the suspect on foot and detained him. He was then arrested and transported to MDC for booking.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 12:09 p.m. on Oct. 8, a student was cited to Judicial Affairs for uncooperative and belligerent behavior with an LAPD officer who issued her a citation for riding her bicycle on the wrong side of the road near Jefferson Boulevard and Hoover Street.

At 3:45 p.m. on Oct. 8, officers responded to a student who sustained a cut to his forehead when he fell while riding his bicycle near the JEP House. An LAFD RA unit was requested and treated the student, and then transported him to his residence.

At 4:19 p.m. on Oct. 8, DPS officers responded to a non-USC female at the Blanche and Frank R. Seaver Student Residence Hall who sustained an injury to her shin when she slipped and fell inside a coffee shop in the location. The female stated she would seek medical treatment on her own, and she was released at the scene.

At 4:29 p.m. on Oct. 8, DPS officers responded to a student who was struck by a vehicle while riding her bicycle near the Lorenzo apartments. The student sustained an injury to her ankle and was applying ice to it when officers arrived. She declined medical treatment. LAPD officers were responded to conduct a traffic investigation.

At 11:04 p.m. on Oct. 8, DPS officers responded to a student who injured his ankle while playing basketball at the Lyon Center. The RA Unit that examined the student then transported him to California Hospital for medical treatment.

At 12:14 a.m. on Oct. 9, officers responded to a student at Annenberg House who had a reaction to a medicated cream he applied to his groin. The student was examined and then transported to California Hospital for medical treatment.