UPDATE: Former student Kevin Valero found

UPDATE: Former student Kevin Valero was reported to have been found alive at approximately 6 p.m. Sunday night, according to the administrators of a community Facebook page set up to find him. An earlier version of this article reporting Valero as missing ran in Monday’s edition of the Daily Trojan.

Former USC student Kevin Valero went missing Friday afternoon according to Jorge-Mario Cabrera, director of communications and public relations at Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, where Valero worked for the past four years as a volunteer.

Missing · Kevin Valero (left), 21, was last seen on Friday afternoon. He studied political science and international relations at USC in 2012. - Photo courtesy of  the Help Find Kevin Valero Facebook page

Missing · Kevin Valero (left), 21, was last seen on Friday afternoon. He studied political science and international relations at USC in 2012. – Photo courtesy of the Help Find Kevin Valero Facebook page

According to his friends and his Facebook page, Valero studied business administration and international relations at USC in 2012 and now studies political science at Citrus College.

Cabrera said Valero was last heard from around 1:30 p.m. on Friday.

“Around 1:10 he sent a text message to a friend,“ Cabrera said. “We do know that the contact was to a friend of his but there was no indication as to whether or not there was any foul play or he was concerned about anything. All we know is that he told his mother before leaving the house that he was going to go out with some friends.”

At approximately 1:30 p.m., Cabrera said Valero used an ATM and stopped at a Starbucks. Valero was scheduled to work that afternoon but never showed up.

Cabrera said the CHIRLA currently has about 50 volunteers searching throughout Southern California calling hospitals, jails and morgues and handing out fliers near where Valero was last seen.

The fliers describe Valero as 21-years-old, 5-foot-6, approximately 185 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes wearing a black shirt, black jeans and navy blue Nike shoes.

Cabrera said a police report was filed Saturday and the missing person flier said to contact the Covina Police Department, but as of Sunday afternoon the Daily Trojan found no record of a missing persons report.

Cabrera said CHIRLA is considering having a press conference Monday at 10 a.m. with Valero’s family.

Valero was also a member of the California Dream Network’s leadership team. The organization has posted on its Facebook page asking for information on his whereabouts.