Escape festival combines electronic music with thrill

Escape Psycho Circus, organized by Insomniac Events, is now in its second year. The event promises to be one of the biggest Halloween festivals Southern California has ever seen. Sinister sights and rattling sounds seek to both scare and amaze attendees at the NOS Events Center Oct. 30 and 31.

Unlike most music festivals, Escape appears to be more of an overall experience than an average concert. It features labyrinth-like mazes, creepy yet beautiful physical art installations and a host of formidable performers who haunt the grounds. It fosters community among a wide array of people across the country who come together for two nights to let loose.

Certainly, the determining factor in attending Escape is the music. The grounds are going to be home to four stages, each decked out with its own theme and style of music. The Cannibals’ Tea Party, hosted by Richie Hawtin, brings in experimental electronic sounds that will certainly baffle audiences. The Ghouls’ Graveyard features trance and big room EDM with the likes of Blasterjaxx. On the first day, legends such as Paul Van Dyk and established names in the industry including Laidback Luke and Mat Zo will certainly deliver great shows. The Chopping Block promises to excite crowds with the sound of pure bass as trap superstars like Bro Safari, Party Favor and Crizzly perform. Meanwhile, dubstep acts such as Flux Pavilion and Excision are undoubtedly going to get blood pumping. Lastly, bringing in the main stage experience for Escape is the Slaughterhouse. It features some of the biggest and best names in the electronic scene today, including Martin Garrix, Showtek and Above & Beyond. Porter Robinson has also just been added.

Escape certainly has the place, the artists and the experience to potentially turn into one of the biggest festivals around. So for this Halloween, be prepared for the most awe-inspiring weekend of the year.