Dog Haus to open location on Figueroa Street Nov. 20

On Nov. 20 the gourmet hot dog and sausage restaurant chain Dog Haus will open its 12th location at University Park. Earlier in the semester, Dog Haus began selling three signature hot dogs specifically for the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Those mourning the loss of Freebirds on Figueroa will find a replacement in the craft casual hot dog concept of this Pasadena-based chain, which will operate at 3335 S. Figueroa St. every day from 7 a.m. to midnight.

On Figueroa, Dog Haus will serve hot dogs, burgers, chili cheese tots and milkshakes, along with several of their own creations. These include the Downtown Dog — a bacon wrapped hot dog topped with caramelized onions, bell peppers and other toppings, and The Fonz, spicy Italian sausage with pastrami and melted mozzarella.

According to a recent press release, the location also hopes to provide diners with a wine and beer menu by the end of the year.

The USC location will be the first to offer breakfast options. These will be served daily as well, from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., and will feature a Build Your Own Breakfast Burrito menu.

Dog Haus describes its brand as “fast casual” and aims to give diners a throwback to backyard hot dog and burger barbecues with a modern aesthetic.

Recently, the company has undergone expansion. The first of two locations in Pasadena opened in 2010, and the chain has grown to 10 franchise stores since, the 10th being at USC.

The franchisee, Tenny Megerdichian, is an original founder’s sister. She said she has liked watching the hot dog chain’s growth.

“It has been incredible to see this brand grow over the past years, and I am so proud of what my brother and his business partners have accomplished in just five years,” Megerdichian said in a press release. “I’m honored to officially become part of the Dog Haus family with this opening and can’t wait to bring the absolute würst to the USC community!”

From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Nov. 20, the new location will offer customers a free Haus Dog from their menu of seven signature hot dogs.