Six boba places to visit around USC

If you live in Los Angeles, you’ve probably heard of bubble tea — or boba as they call it here in SoCal. It’s a cold, sweet drink with a creamy tea base and chewy tapioca pearls at the bottom. This trendy drink comes in hundreds of flavors. It is typically made with a black or green tea flavor and is customized with flavorings like honeydew, almond, Thai tea, mango or coconut (to name just a few). Luckily for us USC students, Los Angeles has a wide selection of places serving this satisfying drink. Below are six of the best options around campus.

1. Cup O’ Joy

This restaurant not only offers delicious and affordable bubble tea, but it’s also a very short walk from USC’s campus. It is one of the closest places to get your boba fix. Students say their favorite boba flavors include jasmine milk tea and mango black tea.

Photo courtesy of Joyce G., Yelp

Photo courtesy of Joyce G., Yelp

1. Urth Caffé

Many USC students frequent Urth for its delicious breakfast pizzas, coffees and omelettes. But did you know they also serve fantastic boba? Next time you’re at Urth Caffé for a Sunday brunch, order a matcha green tea boba and see what you think! 

Photo courtesy of London Like the City

Photo courtesy of London Like the City

1. HASHTAG Coffee & Tea

This small tea house offers many different varieties of boba. Like Cup O’ Joy, this high quality shop is pretty close to campus. They offer interesting flavors including Taro Tea, Blood Orange and Thai Tea. Any boba aficionado should give it a try.

Photo courtesy of Morgan G., Yelp

Photo courtesy of Morgan G., Yelp

1. It’s Boba Time

This small boba chain isn’t within walking distance, but it’s worth the short drive. Many people love this joint for its boba smoothies and bubble teas. Popular drinks include Milk Tea Slush and Honey Green Milk Tea.

Photo courtesy of It's Boba Time

Photo courtesy of It’s Boba Time

1. CoCo Fresh Tea & Juice

This popular juice bar is frequented by boba lovers. They have a wide variety of sweet, fresh boba tea flavors. If you ever are out exploring LA and want a refreshing and filling drink, make sure to stop by Coco Fresh Tea & Juice.

Photo courtesy of www.foodspotting.com

Photo courtesy of www.foodspotting.com

1. Delicious Together

This coffee and tea house is located in downtown Los Angeles and receives great reviews. People love their Vietnamese Boba Coffee and Coconut Milk Tea. Along with great drinks, this tea house also has a great atmosphere for students to bring homework and study.

Photo courtesy of Perf Bubble Tea

Photo courtesy of Perf Bubble Tea