Fourteen back-to-school snacks

A new semester means fresh notebooks, unused pens, and endless hours online shopping for dorm room accessories. However, the most underrated part of back-to-school shopping is the process of stocking up on snacks. The ones that will keep you motivated throughout the day and during your inevitable all-nighter. The ones for when there are not enough hours for breakfast or lunch. And the ones for when you just need to munch. These snacks must walk the fine line between healthy and delicious which, luckily, is not too hard to find these days. Here are my picks for this semester:

For Busy Mornings:

1. Fage Greek Yogurt

Fage has a variety of high protein and low sugar products. Try their sweet and savory Crossover packs when you don’t have time for the dining hall.   

Photo courtesy of Fage

Photo courtesy of Fage

2. Purely Elizabeth Granola

This granola is a college essential. Their products are free of refined sugar and made with ancient grains which are sure to keep you full for hours.

Photo courtesy of Purely Elizabeth

Photo courtesy of Purely Elizabeth

3. Chia Pods

These little cups pack in six grams of fiber, three grams of protein, and serve as the perfect energy boosting breakfast.

Photo courtesy of The Chia Co

Photo courtesy of The Chia Co

For In Between Classes:

4. Clif Nut Butter Filled Bars

The latest innovation from the on-the-go bar staple are filled with essential fats to fuel long distance, low intensity activities like walks to class when you don’t have a break for lunch.  

nbf_cab

Photo courtesy of Clif Bar & Company

5. Kind Bar Healthy Grains Bar

These bars have five super grains and an addictive chewy, yet crunchy texture. Plus, they are gluten free and non-GMO so you can snack guilt-free.

Photo courtesy of KIND Snacks

Photo courtesy of KIND Snacks

6. Square Bar

Square Bars have twelve grams of Complete Plant Protein and are gluten, dairy, and soy free. No wonder they have stolen the hearts of every fitness blogger!

Photo courtesy of Square Organics

Photo courtesy of Square Organics

For a Protein Boost:

7. Wonderful Pistachios – Roasted & Salted

These have great flavor for everyday snacking and a half-cup will only cost you one hundred sixty calories. Plus, cracking open the shells is sure to entertain for a while.

Photo courtesy of Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds

8. Krave Jerky

This the perfect low-calorie, high protein snack to keep you satisfied. With their variety of flavors from Basil Citrus to Black Cherry Barbecue, you will never underestimate the power of jerky again.

Photo courtesy of KRAVE Jerky

Photo courtesy of KRAVE Jerky

9. Babybel Cheese Light

These mini cheese wheels will make you nostalgic for your childhood lunches and after-school snacks. The light version has fifty percent less fat, but maintains the classic Babybel taste you probably remember.

Photo courtesy of Babybel

Photo courtesy of Babybel

For Your Daily Servings of Fruit and Veggies:

10. Wholly Guacamole

These cups are gluten free and vegan, serving as the perfect compliment to veggies. 

Photo courtesy of Wholly Guacamole

Photo courtesy of Wholly Guacamole

11. Sabra Hummus

Hummus is another alternative to heavy dips and sauces because of the incredible nutritional benefits of chickpeas. The high impact flavors from Sabra will make munching on carrots and celery actually enjoyable.

Photo courtesy of Sabra

Photo courtesy of Sabra

12. Cuties

Another snack that will trigger nostalgia, Cuties are a timeless staple that will give you your daily dose of Vitamin C.

Photo courtesy of Cuties

Photo courtesy of Cuties

For Movie-Night:

13. Skinny Pop Popcorn

For when you are craving movie-theater popcorn without the guilt, this snack has you covered. At only one hundred calories a bag, you can get your salt-fix with a healthy dose of fiber.

Photo courtesy of SkinnyPop Popcorn

Photo courtesy of SkinnyPop Popcorn

14. Unreal Dark Chocolate Crispy Quinoa Peanut Butter Cups

For those that prefer a side of sweet with their movies, this candy has twenty grams less sodium and three grams less sugar than Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

Photo courtesy of UNREAL

Photo courtesy of UNREAL