One Scarf, Seven Ways

The best accessory is one you can wear in different ways – like this silk scarf I dug up in a little thrift store while visiting Fullerton.

In my experience, a scarf is the perfect way to add a little bit of flair to a simple outfit. I usually wear scarves the classic way, but I wanted to challenge myself to see different ways I could reutilize this single accessory.

Thank you to my beautiful friend Hannah Germonprez for taking these pictures.

Here is the same scarf styled for each day of the week!

1) The Poppin’ Ponytail

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Forget your basic scrunchie. Here, I tied the scarf around my braids (tight, so it stays!) It gives your ponytail a bright pop of color (depending on the scarf, of course) and a bit of varied texture. You can either let it hang or tie it in a big, beautiful bow!

2) Classic Knot

This look is oh-so-chic. Simply tie the scarf around your neck as if you plan on jet-setting to Paris at a moment’s notice. Pearls optional.

3) Belted

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Are you looking for a new way to cinch your waistline and add some fun to a simple top and skirt? Take a bright scarf, knot it around your waist, and voila! Brand new belt.

4) The Sweetest Shawl

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

I love the shawl style for a fancy-dinner-with-the-friends sort of look. It’s elegance at its simplest and can be worn with a little black dress and a pair of dangling earrings.

5) Triangle Top

screen-shot-2016-09-24-at-6-53-34-pm

This bolder choice isn’t for the faint of heart, but the style risk-takers out there might want to give it a try. I merely folded my scarf in half and tied it around my torso like a tube top. It’s fun, fierce, and a surprising way to find a new top.

6) Wild West

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Here’s a style still worn round the neck, but very different from the Classic Knot. It’s a bit edgier: I can see this paired perfectly with a leather jacket and a studded bracelet or two. The bandana look says: “Yes, I’m fabulous. No, don’t mess with me.”

7) A Prettier Purse

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Photo Courtesy of Haley Beasley

Don’t think you need to add some flair to your outfit? Who says you can’t accessorize an accessory? Tie your scarf around one strap of your favorite purse and let your fabulous flag fly.

Now, you’ve got seven different ways to wear your favorite scarf! How many more styles can you think of?

1. Michelle Beasley
    Michelle Beasley says:

Awesome ideas! I like the ponytail option. I use to do the same but I wore it like a giant ribbon: I loved the huge bow around my ponytail. The triangle top was also a favorite of mine when I was younger. I could only wear it in the house because my mom and dad would not let me go outside with it on. Can’t wait for your next blog!