Must Try Microwave Mug Cakes

As students, we often don’t get the time to cook meals, let alone desserts, but when we do crave them – mug cakes are the way to go! Simple, easy and consisting of very few ingredients, they have become all the rage. Here are three recipes to try:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake

Courtesy of sweetestkitchen.com

Courtesy of sweetestkitchen.com

The most basic but everyone’s favorite — chocolate chip cookie dough is yumilicious! First, crack an egg into the mug. Next, add in 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, ⅓ cup of flour, 1 tablespoon of butter, and toss in 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate chips. Mix this thoroughly and microwave for about 2 minutes. Enjoy!

Almond Mug Cake

Courtesy of lucytravers.com

Courtesy of lucytravers.com

Want to try something different? Go for the Almond Mug Cake. Add in 3 tablespoons of white cake mix, a few drops of almond extract, and 3 tablespoons of water to a mug. Mix well and then top off with finely cut almonds, sprinkles, or chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds and you’re good to go.

Banana Mug Cake

Courtesy of loveswah.com

Courtesy of loveswah.com

Going the fruit route? Then banana is the best and most easily available. Add 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon milk. Stir this mix well before adding in 1 mashed banana. Next, add 3 tablespoons of flour and brown sugar, ½ teaspoon of baking powder to help the fluff. Cook this mixture in the microwave for about a minute to have a gooey banana cake.

What are you waiting for? Experiment now with your favorite ingredients! You could also try with s’mores, coffee, even caramel and apple. All you gotta do is keep the basic ingredients: egg, flour and sugar!