Don’t drink the coffee!
Remember a few weeks back when we learned that the economic crisis had forced Harvard to cut back on free food? Well, now you can’t drink on the Harvard campus either; at least, not as long as their coffee machines are being poisoned .
It was actually in August of this year that six researchers at Harvard, at least one of them a student, were sent to the hospital after Â drinking coffee with sodium azide. The University only just released information on the incident to the public.
It looks like the incident was deliberate, too. Quoth a toxicologist: “An accident? Sodium azide is a poison.”
Just when you thought swine flu was the biggest threat to college students!