USG Presidents start campaigning at midnight

The three USG Presidential and Vice Presidential tickets of Eric Burse and Andy Greos, Monish Tyagi and Logan Lachman and Alex Fadil and Rohan Mehra began online promotions at midnight today, kicking off the campaigning period.

Burse and Greos created the Facebook page Vote Eric B & Andy G USG 2011 at 11:46 p.m. and a Twitter account ericandy2011 at 10:51 p.m.  Sunday.

Tyagi and Lachman created the Facebook page Vote Monish and Logan: USG Elections 2011 at 12:15 a.m., went live on their website votemonishlogan.com, and created the Twitter account votemonishlogan.

Candidates Monish Tyagi and Logan Lachman put up campaign signs along Trousdale at midnight. - Courtesy of Vote Monish and Logan: USG Elections 2011

Fadil and Mehra’s website fadilmehra2011.com went live at 12:30 a.m., according to Mehra, and includes biographical information, a video, their platform and an email address to contact them.

Tyagi and Lachman’s site includes bios, their full platform and contact information. It features links to the elections website and the USG site . Their Facebook page includes a graphic summarizing their platform, photographs of the candidates, their biographical information and links to the elections website and USG Presidential Debate Facebook event.

Burse and Greos’s Facebook page has a link to their twitter account, information on where to vote and three main campaign points, which they also tweeted, “revamping and enhancing student life programming, adding annual student events at USG budget line items, improving off campus utlilization [sic] of USCard, creating a community service assembly in program board.”

For more coverage on the 2011 USG elections, click here.