Eating green, eating clean: Top five L.A. spots for avocado toast

Calling all avocado lovers! Not only do these green super foods taste good, but they also are extremely good for you. Avocados reduce your risk for heart disease and cancer, and help you maintain weight and healthy skin and eyes. And what better way to eat avocados than on toast? Here are top five spots to find avocado toast in Los Angeles.

1. Zinc Café: 580 Mateo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013

Located just a short trip from USC, Zinc is a great brunch spot offering all of the breakfast classics –– including made-to-order avocado toast. Light and refreshing, the toast is topped with smashed avocado, radish salad, chives and lemon zest. Each buttery bite has just the right texture and flamboyant flavor.

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

1. Hopper & Burr: 300 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701

This cute café has both fabulous coffee and avocado toast, a.k.a. the best way to start your day. As far as beverages go, you have to try their mocha with espresso and house-made ganache. And to eat, avocado toast of course!

Photo courtesy of @amandaesotomayer

Photo courtesy of @amandaesotomayer

1. Stir Market: 7475 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90036

This restaurant is modeled after a European food hall and offers a variety of specialty foods. Their California avocado toast is one of the best in the game. Topped with pecorino, citrus and salt, this classic breakfast has a zesty flavor that will leave you begging for more.

Photo courtesy of @stirmarket

Photo courtesy of @stirmarket

1. Sqirl: 720 Virgil Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029

This café is famous for their ricotta toast, but their avocado toast might just take the cake. This item is topped with hot pickled carrots, green garlic crème fraiche and wood sorrel.

Photo courtesy of @sqirlla

Photo courtesy of @sqirlla

1. The Sycamore Kitchen: 143 S. La Brea, Los Angeles, CA 90036

Calling all salmon lovers! This café has both an indoor and outdoor seating area that makes for the perfect Sunday brunch destination. They put their own unique twist on the classic avocado toast by topping it with salmon, hard-boiled eggs, capers and radish. As far as toast goes, this one tops them all!

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan