Don’t drink the coffee!

Remember a few weeks back when we learned that the economic crisis had forced Harvard to cut back on free food? Well, now you can’t drink on the Harvard campus either; at least, not as long as their coffee machines are being poisoned .

It was actually in August of this year that six researchers at Harvard, at least one of them a student, were sent to the hospital after  drinking coffee with sodium azide. The University only just released information on the incident to the public.

It looks like the incident was deliberate, too. Quoth a toxicologist: “An accident? Sodium azide is a poison.”

Just when you thought swine flu was the biggest threat to college students!