PHC, IFC to meet about viral photos

Leaders of the Interfraternity Council and Panhellenic Council will meet this week to discuss a course of action in response to photos posted online Saturday night that show two people, one of whom is a member of USC’s Kappa Sigma fraternity, appearing to engage in sexual activities on the roof of Waite Phillips Hall.

Ayushi Gummadi, president of PHC, said PHC and IFC will meet with presidents of all the fraternities and sororities tonight to discuss the viral photos.

“IFC and PHC have called a presidents’ meeting to discuss the viral spread of photos through social media this weekend,” Gummadi wrote. “We plan to look into this situation and will come up with a course of action.”

Zach Timm, president of USC’s Kappa Sigma, released a statement Sunday confirming the male in the photos was a member of Kappa Sigma.

“While the actions that were taken did involve a member of our chapter we, in no way, support this kind of behavior, nor do we promote any other such actions,” Timm wrote in an email. “The member in question has been suspended from Kappa Sigma for conduct unbecoming of a Kappa Sigma and a gentleman until a more detailed investigation can be conducted.”

The photos, which have spread virally around the university, have linked the female to USC’s Delta Gamma sorority because of the Anchor Splash philanthropy that occurred during the afternoon on Saturday, but Lauren Sekula, advisory team chairman of USC’s Delta Gamma, said there is no connection between the two events.

“There is absolutely no relationship between these circumstances and our women or our event, Anchor Splash, which benefits sight prevention and the visually impaired,” Sekula said.

1. rutgersdude
    rutgersdude says:

Give both the guy and the gal high fives for their daring stunt… then book them for lewd behavior… fine them $50… then let them go

2. Get a life! Its f'in college
    Get a life! Its f'in college says:

How many people were actually “scarred” by that event? God-forbid you see pictures of naked people on the interweb! Give it a break, it’s stupid but funny. Who the hell really cares. Those two need a slap upside the head and a round of shots.

3. Ty
    Ty says:

Honestly, if I were paying for the education of my son/daughter at USC and they did some shit like this they had better hope there was someone in between me and them to keep me from kicking their ass.

Just sayin’ :)

4. Speaker John Broehner
    Speaker John Broehner says:

Yeah, the girl goes to UCLA. Too bad we now have to find another reason to make fun of DGs.

5. Al Natural
    Al Natural says:

“There is absolutely no relationship between these circumstances and our women or our event, Anchor Splash, which benefits sight prevention and the visually impaired”

Seems to me the lassie was doing her part to lend a helping hand, so that the poor boy wouldn’t find himself alone, performing inappropriate actions upon himself – he might go blind!

And while we’re on the subject, I’m sure he made quite a splash with his anchor.

6. ex-Beta
    ex-Beta says:

Why is this the concern of the IFC or the PHC ? Or the University for that matter ? Two people had sex, that’s not a crime last time I checked. Sure, conduct unbecoming, but we’re not in the Marines here people. Time to loosen the chastity belts a little and while we’re at it mind your own damn business.

• ex-Beta
      ex-Beta says:

I threw it up in Facebook and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Well played by the K.S. guys, obviously a strong bid there.

Don’t plan on any understanding from Mr. Ayushi Gummad. That name has dorky virgin written all over it. Whoa, stop the press, it’s Miss Ayushi Gummad and she’s sorta cute.

Come on Ayushi, cut a brother some slack and I’ll see if I can get him to take you to an invite. Gotta admit, the kids ripped, and from the size of the black box covering his member he’s packin heat !

7. Nick
    Nick says:

Kappa Sig Bro,

We know she’s DTF down so why haven’t you sent the house a gullet report?! How’s the grip, etc???

Sincerely,

Other Kappa Sig Bros

8. best workout ever
    best workout ever says:

seems like usc frat / sorority kids are not doing much to improve usc’s reputation.

• ex-Beta
      ex-Beta says:

You mean aside from over achieving in business and giving more money to the school than any other group ?

Shut your ignorant mouth.

Greek alums are what keeps that school running.

9. Work hard play harder
    Work hard play harder says:

The only thing these two should be ashamed of is getting caught. As an alum, it’s good to see students at USC can still party. Don’t know what the big deal is, if you’ve never experienced something similar to this during your time at ‘SC, shame on you! They should’ve gone to the helicopter pad atop Mudd Hall, at least it’s out of sight with a better view of the city.

• j
      j says:

doing it on top of SGM would have been a MUCH better move. instead they did it on top of WPH where you stand right at the edge in view of everybody…

10. Uptight Girl
    Uptight Girl says:

It is so sad this happened this happen to another SC girl. She must have been blacked out or worse. Thankfully she did not fall.

11. Heheheh
    Heheheh says:

Funny thing is — both the guy AND the girl were pretty unattractive. Looks like going at it on the top of WPH was the only way either of them could get action and/or get noticed.

12. LaraLev
    LaraLev says:

“Anchor Splash, which benefits sight prevention and the visually impaired” – How does one *benefit* sight *prevention*? Why are we trying to prevent sight?

13. Frat
    Frat says:

Leaked agenda from the IFC meeting:

Call to order
    Roll call
    Last week’s minutes
    High fives all around
    Give dude a medal
    Shots
    Closing statements / pass the gavel
    9-0

14. Duh
    Duh says:

All you have to do is show up on the Row on a Thursday night to figure out the “conduct” of Greeks at this university. The only difference between this and any night on the Row is that this is publicized.

15. Alex
    Alex says:

“There is absolutely no relationship between these circumstances and our women or our event, Anchor Splash, which benefits sight prevention and the visually impaired” – what an ironic punch line, too bad their philanthropy did not help us all see the girl’s face clearly

16. Concerned
    Concerned says:

Where did the facts for this article come from? Where did this “reporter” see these “virally leaked” photos? College ACB is far from a reputable website, Daily Trojan.

17. Kaseen
    Kaseen says:

Who took the pictures and was that arranged in advance of the roof top encounter? Young lady, what were you thinking? How could such public behavior possibly be to your benefit? You got both literally and figuratively screwed by Mr. Struts His Stuff.

18. USCwow
    USCwow says:

You hope the UNIVERSITY doesn’t throw these kids under the bus?!?!?! Umm pretty sure they threw themselves under a tractor trailer… Monika Lewinsky has nothing on them.

19. Heinrich
    Heinrich says:

In all seriousness, I hope the university doesn’t throw these kids under the bus. They made a really stupid mistake, but should be given the chance to learn from it. The humiliation they’re in for, thanks to the spread of the photos, should be punishment enough.