Ostrow Dentistry School launches new identity

The USC Ostrow Dentistry School is updating its brand and website.

The school launched a new site last week as part of a larger campaign aimed at demonstrating leadership and medical excellence.

New roots · The USC Ostrow Dentistry School plans to hire a public relations firm in the coming months to promote its public brand. - Chris Pham | Daily Trojan

The redesigned site now features a new web platform with updated information on the academic application process, requirements and courses for prospective students as well as information on the clinical services, opportunities and programs for its patients.

“The older site was hard to navigate through, wherein this new site is clear and focused. A prospective student can easily navigate through the new site and find all the information they need, and more,” said Tom Ericksen, a graduate student studying dental surgery.

Dean Avishai Sadan tweeted Thursday that one of the goals for the modified site is “to accommodate our largest web audiences, prospective students and patients.”

The school also plans to hire a public relations and advertising firm in the near future. Communication department associates said they plan to formally announce this later next week.

“Our clinical excellence sets the benchmark for all disciplines within dentistry including dental hygiene, DDS and our specialty programs. With more than 3,700 applicants annually, we are extremely competitive in the U.S.,” said Calen D.B. Ouellette, chair of development for alumni affairs and public relations at the Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC.

The six-month redesigning process for online development was provided in part by USC Web Services.