Trojans sign Brendyn Taylor as third member of the 2012 recruiting class

The USC men’s basketball team officially announced the signing of guard Brendyn Taylor on Wednesday, marking the third member of the Trojans’ 2012 incoming recruiting class.

Taylor, Los Angeles native, averaged 18 points, five rebounds and 3.5 assists, while leading Fairfax High School to a 20-10 record last season. He is ranked as the No. 17 player in California by Cali High Sports.

“Brendyn has a great upside,” USC coach Kevin O’Neill said in a statement. “He is an athletic wing who’s best days are ahead of him. He is going to be a major plus both on and off the court for USC.”

Wednesday was the first day programs were able to sign players to binding national letters of intent as a part of the spring signing period, which lasts until May 16.

Taylor, who committed to USC last month, is the son of Brian Taylor, who played 10 seasons in the NBA and ABA, and the younger brother of Bryce Taylor, who played at Oregon from 2004-2008.

He joins a current recruiting class for the Trojans that also includes forward Strahinja Gavrilovic from Kragujevac, Serbia, and Wake Forest transfer J.T. Terrell, a 6-foot-3 combo guard. Terrell has spent this season playing for Peninsula College in Port Angeles, Wash., where he has averaged 24.4 points per game.

Both players signed during the early signing period in November.

USC still has one scholarship to offer and is pursuing former Tennessee forward Renaldo Woolridge, former Drake guard Rayvonte Rice and junior college center Renan Lenz, according to ESPN LA’s Pedro Moura.

1. Clutch
    Clutch says:

Good grief what a bunch of mid major caliber players. Is this really the best USC basketball can do? The Galens must be awfully upset they donated all that money only to watch morons like Pat Haden and KO run this program into the ground.

Meanwhile the Ruins just picked up the top Bball prospect in the nation in Shabazz Muhammad despite Muhammad’s dad being a Trojan alum.

KO MUST GO!