Big Sean, A-Trak, Travis Barker & Mix Master Mike to headline Springfest

springfest

USC Concerts Committee has announced that rapper Big Sean, DJ A-Trak and the collaboration of Travis Barker (of Blink-182) and Mix Master Mike (of the Beastie Boys) will headline the Springfest music festival.

The annual musical festival, which is set to take place on April 6 on McCarthy Quad, features seven other acts and bands, including Walk the Moon and Capital Cities. The other acts were revealed in two teaser videos posted online this week.

Sean Michael Anderson, who performs under the stage name of Big Sean, released his first studio album Finally Famous in 2011 to positive reviews. He has collaborated with many hip-hop artists, including Kanye West and Tyga.

Alain Macklovitch, who performs under the stage name of A-Trak, is an award-winning Canadian DJ and turntablist who has collaborated with artists ranging from Kid Cudi to Swedish House Mafia. Many of his mixes have been featured in movies, including Project X.

Barker debuted his music career as a drummer in the rock band Blink-182 and released his first solo album, Give the Drummer Some, in 2011. In 2011, Barker teamed up with Michael Schwartz, a.k.a. Mix Master Mike, an award-winning DJ and turntablist who has won the DMC World Championships and rose to mainstream fame as a contributing member of acclaimed rap group Beastie Boys.

For the first time, Springfest will be held alongside the Black Student Assembly’s annual fashion festival and concert Gearfest, which features performers Rippy Austin and Rhyon Brown. Program Board is anticipating the largest Springfest attendance to date because of the collaboration, according to a press release.

The two festivals, which will begin at 11:30 a.m., will feature student activities, such as a how-to-DJ tent vinyl painting. Food trucks will also be present on the quad.

The festival is free to students, faculty and staff and funding for the event comes from Program Board’s student-programming fees and sponsorships. Attendees must present university identification to enter the event.

The Lineup:

Rippy Austin

Rhyon Brown

SB Babyy

Faith Tucker

Mora Mora

Y Luv

Culprit

Capital Cities

Papa

Walk the Moon

Travis Barker & Mixmaster Mike

A-Trak

Big Sean

1. Brian Regan
    Brian Regan says:

Travis Barker didn’t debut his career with Blink-182. He was originally the drummer for The Aquabats, and he became the drummer for Blink-182 when the two bands went on tour together.