University prepares for weekday game

In anticipation of the Trojans’ first weekday football game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, the USC Athletic Department announced special procedures regarding tailgating, transportation and parking that will take effect on Thursday.

New territory · USC’s game against Arizona will be the first time the team has played at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on a Thursday during the BCS era. All classes will operate on their normal schedules. - Ralf Cheung | Daily Trojan

New territory · USC’s game against Arizona will be the first time the team has played at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on a Thursday during the BCS era. All classes will operate on their normal schedules. – Ralf Cheung | Daily Trojan

Changes to typical game day logistics have been made because USC classes will be in session as usual on Thursday.

According to the webpage created by the Athletic Department detailing the changes to game day regulations, tailgating and picnicking will not be permitted within campus boundaries or on The Row. Tailgating will be allowed in Exposition Park and at the Coliseum.

Because of the tailgating restrictions, the Trojan Athletic Fund and the Galen Center Founders Club will open their tailgates to ticket holders who purchase passes. Fans will also be able to attend the first ever Cardinal & Gold Picnic at the Coliseum. In addition, Lawry’s Carvery at L.A. Live will offer a 10 percent discount to USC-Arizona ticket holders on the day of the game.

Through a partnership with CID Entertainment, the Athletic Department will offer a “Park & Ride” Trojan Express Shuttle Bus service to game attendees in the greater Los Angeles and Orange County metropolitan areas. Shuttles will pick up passengers in several locations, including Anaheim, Pasadena and Ontario, and drop off near the Coliseum and on Exposition Boulevard.

The Orange County Transportation Authority will also provide Metrolink train service from Oceanside to the Coliseum. Pickup is available at all stops in between, including Union Station.

On-campus parking lots will be closed to visitors without season parking passes. Alternatives to on-campus parking include the USC Parking Center on Grand Avenue, Parking Structures 1 and 2 on Flower Street., and The Shrine Lot. Beginning at 4 p.m., parking will also be available at the St. Vincent Elementary School at the intersection of Figueroa Street and Adams Boulevard. for $20. Parking lots at the Coliseum will open at 2 p.m. Thursday.

Additionally, the Athletic Department has partnered with L.A. Live to offer parking to USC game attendees in Lots 6 and 7 for $20. A complimentary shuttle from L.A. Live to the Coliseum will run continuously before and after the game.

Thursday’s game against Arizona will mark the team’s first game since Athletic Director Pat Haden relieved Lane Kiffin of his head coaching duties and Ed Orgeron will make his debut as interim head coach.

The Trojans (3-2, 0-2 Pac-12) will be going for their first conference win of the season after surprising losses to Washington State and Arizona State. In the team’s most recent home game against Utah State on Sept. 21, the official attendance was 63,482. On the season, USC has averaged 67,770 fans per game, which ranks No. 2 among all Pac-12 schools in average attendance, though that number represents only 72 percent of the Coliseum’s capacity.

In 2012, USC averaged 87,945 fans per game, the most in the Pac-12 and nearly 20,000 more than UCLA, who was No. 2 in the conference.

More details about changes to game day procedures for Thursday’s game can be found at weplayfor2013.com/thursday.

• sorry for partying
      sorry for partying says:

The powers that be think they can dictate citizen behavior on private property. Scary world we live in.