How to use up all your leftover Halloween candy

Photo courtesy of Luke Jones, Flickr

Photo courtesy of Luke Jones, Flickr

If you’re like me, you’re probably out of sandwich bread or toilet paper but you’ve got bags and bags of leftover sweets from Halloween. Here are some creative ways to use up all that candy.

1. Donate it to the U.S. troops through Operation Gratitude.

If you want to feel warm from the inside during this holiday season, do some charity and ship your candy to the troops. For more details, visit Operation Gratitude’s site.

1. Use it as an ingredient for baked desserts.

Since I’ve collected a lot of leftover peanut butter cups this year, I decided to make chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter middle. I poured the batter into the cupcake pan until each cup was a quarter full. Then, I placed the peanut buttercup in the middle and poured more batter over it. When it came out of the oven, I had delicious cupcakes with warm gooey peanut butter centers. It was ambrosial. *hearts for eyes emoji*

1. Hold onto it till Christmas

Make your Christmas presents more special and throw in some candy with the main gift. It’ll be sure to make your friends and family smile even bigger, especially the kids.

1. Leave it outside your door

Leave the candy outside your door in a large box with a kind note to make someone’s day better. I know I would be very happy to see someone give out free candy in the middle of my bitterly busy day.

1. Use it as a reward for yourself

Okay, this may be harder than you think, but it can be very beneficial if you have good self control. Use your candy as a reward for any small goal that you achieve. Got an “A” on that quiz? Treat yourself to a mini Twix. This can be great way to motivate yourself and avoid post-Halloween binge eating. Just remember that you don’t need a reward for doing your laundry or making your bed.