Bike sale tomorrow…get out your sleeping bags

Remember that bike you had that got stolen? Remember that other bike you had that also got stolen? Well this Saturday at 9 a.m., DPS, is generously offering us the chance to buy them back!

Provided that you show up Friday night around 7 p.m.

Those impounded bikes go for the low, low price of $25. Like certain other purveyors of bicycles around the University campus, DPS only takes cash. But since the prices are so much lower, you won’t feel as though you are walking around with enough cash to buy several crates of illegal narcotics.

So get out your barbeque and your sleeping bag and try not to feel bad about the fact that, if you still have your new bike next week, you will probably be pulled over for jay biking.

DPS giveth, and DPS taketh away.

1. Dan
    Dan says:

This was the most horribly written article. Take some English classes and think about your audience when you write. It makes you seem like you feel “big” about yourself when you write like that. On a completely unrelated note, what sorority did you pledge?

2. Marissa
    Marissa says:

The office of the registrar sent out an email to all USC students because of this article.
    Laura Reeve, making an impact!

3. Victoria
    Victoria says:

Maybe that’s why they are selling them so cheap, they probably figure the ticket they give you will make up the difference…”DPS giveth, DPS taketh away”-loved it!

4. Kevin
    Kevin says:

I am confused. Here, you said “Like certain other purveyors of bicycles around the University campus, DPS only takes cash.” But the site you linked to says they accept credit cards.

5. John
    John says:

The jaybiking phenomenon has me thoroughly flustered. I want to get out my barbeque and my lawn chair and hold up a sign at offending intersections, warning unsuspecting bikers.

On a side note, I have to emphasize how excited I am that I will now get multiple days of Folk Laur per week. Can you say life-changer?